AusKick provides boys and girls with a fun and safe Australian Football experience that serves as an introduction to a lifetime of involvement in the game.
The program is not just about introducing children to Australian Football – it activates and develops within each child the desire for a healthy lifestyle and an association with our great game.
When: Fridays Nights 6.00pm – 7.15pm
Where: Burnside Heights Recreation Reserve
Tenterfield Drive, Burnside Heights
Contact: Shaun Newell - 0401 155 090
Email us: email@example.com (link sends e-mail)
Start Date: Friday 15th April 2016
Finish date: Friday 12th August 2016
Benefits to children
• Children learn the fundamental motor skills for physical activity and sports participation
• Children learn the basics of fitness conditioning, including how to train and practise
• Children learn the basic principles and importance of health and
• Through team activities, children learn social skills and respect for others
• Contact with older children and adults provides valuable role model experiences
• Children benefit from greater levels of confidence and self-awareness
• Physically active children are more attentive, have a more efficient memory, enhanced creativity and better learning, and problem solving and attitude capabilities
• Through specially arranged physical activities and games, some very important mental and psychological skills are nurtured. These include self-motivation, self-responsibility, self-management, persistence, resilience and a best effort always attitude
Benefits to parents
• Convenient, local opportunities for safe, quality family time that results in family bonding
• The opportunity to engage with children and other families in physical activities and games
AusKick provides a great pathway to junior football for both children and their families. The Burnside Heights AusKick Centre has strong ties to the Burnside Heights Football Club with the junior coaches visiting the AusKick Centre during the year and assisting the AusKick coaches and interacting with the children. AusKick children and their families are also welcome to attend junior games of the Bears during the season and half time grid games will be organised by the Bears at their Home games during the season.
You can register for AusKick at Burnside Heights online at;